Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mornings like this morning

Mornings like this morning its hard to get motivated to train.
Tuesdays and Thursdays are my early morning training rides and I do these training ride with a friend Chris (great way to keep motivated). We meet at 6:30am then ride for around 1.5 hours then I will start work at 9am (instead of the usually 8am).
Chris was sick this week so that meant training Tuesday and Thursday was out for him and I didn't head out Tuesday morning as there was a lot of rain.

This morning I woke about 20 minutes before my alarm went off at 6am. While I lay in bed I listened to the gale force wind outside, the wind always sounds worse inside out house than it actually is but I knew it would still be strong. Strong winds meant a road ride was out for me. I had planned to do an easy ride this morning after the run I did yesterday, I was sore from my run. I though it would be nice to do an easy road ride out to Makara beach but this would not be the case.

After the alarm went off I got up and feed the cat and readied myself for a mountain bike ride, got my lights and some warm riding gear. I headed outside and went and got my bike. It was bitterly cold outside, I didn't have too many layers of clothes as I knew I would warm up soon after I had started. I was cold, it was windy and it was dark, I got my bike and then it started to rain. I thought things over briefly in my head and decided I could do early morning, cold, windy and dark but not rain as well. I put my bike away and headed back inside.

I still plan to fit in a training ride today, but I will do it tonight on my wind trainer and road bike.