Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back into it

I recently got back from a work trip to Seoul, this meant I had been off my bike for over 2 weeks. I had visions of hitting the gym while I was away but this never happened. I was working long hours and coupled with the 30 something temperatures and high humidity at the end of my work day, exercise was the last thing on my mind.
Seoul was a great city but while I was there I wished for clean fresh air, there was quite a bit of smog in the city and every restaurant or pub we went into allowed smoking.
And I feel like in my couple of weeks away I have added some extra weight as certain clothes aren't fitting as well either.

I got back last Sunday afternoon and after a rest day on Monday I was back into my riding. I pushed my usual pace to the top of Makara and to my surprise my head was spinning when I reached the top. Wednesday night I hit the trails again with some (fast) friends and struggled to keep up, but at least this ride felt better than the previous days. Thursday I went for a run at lunch time to ensure that if I still wasn't feeling pain from the previous 2 days I would be that day. Friday I had off as I let my legs recover from the run. Saturday I got a text saying "hard and fast" this resulted in a couple of painful laps around Makara Peak with a couple of friends. And then today I have been out again repeating yesterday's effort but on my singlespeed.
Hopefully with this weeks effort I should be back into it.