Monday, May 17, 2010

A new bike for me

I have just built up my Nomad Mk2 frame, I used all the parts from the Blur LT2 hence the frame on sale now.
This bike is to replace my Blur LT2 and Driver 8, the bike will be used as an all rounder from Trail riding to Downhill.
I have ridden the bike only once so far but I am very impressed already. The bike feels like it has a lot more travel than my Blur LT2 had.
The bike feels great with the Talas fork set to both 130mm and 160mm, this is surprising as the Nomad geometry is based around a 160mm - 180mm travel fork. With the build the Nomad feels very well balanced and I dont really notice it being heavier than what my Blur LT felt.
The Nomad pedals up hills very well. I was surprised to see the max compression tuned DHX air on the bike, but I am told this is standard. The shock feels very plush with Pro-pedal turned off and turned on it feels very stable, this makes the bike pedal up hills easily. With the Blur LT, I never noticed a difference between Pro-pedal on or off but this bike climbed great regardless.
Cant wait to hit some more trails on this bike.